Marshall Lyles, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, EMDRIA Approved Consultant
Adlerian Play Therapy: Incorporating A Constellation of Creative Experiences
Linda Homeyer, PhD, LPC-S, RPT-S & Marshall Lyles, MA, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S
Based on the work of Alfred Adler, Adlerian Play Therapy (AdPT) is one of the most used forms of play therapy. Developed by Terry Kottman in the early 1990s, it provides a clinical theoretical approach to working with children and families. This 3-day, in person training will provide basic understanding of this clinical theory and how to apply that theoretical understanding to working in play and creative arts therapy. The topics covered will include working with individual children, siblings, parent/caregiver-child dyads, and families using traditional play and incorporating expressive arts into the phases of an Adlerian play therapy treatment plan.
November 18-20, 2021
9 am – 5 pm daily (all times are Central)
The participant will be able to:
1. List at least 6 major concepts of Adlerian Theory
2. List the 4 phases of Adlerian Play Therapy (AdPT)
3. Discuss the purpose of each phase and the play therapy interventions that can be used in each
4. Identify the primary therapeutic powers of play in each AdPT phase
Apply Adlerian concepts to the family systemic approach of AdPT
6. Describe how various sandtray-based play therapy can be adapted for various age and configuration of clients from an AdPT perspective
7. Describe how art techniques can be adapted for various age and configuration of clients from an AdPT perspective
Describe how puppets can be adapted for various age and configuration of clients from an AdPT perspective
9. Describe how various expressive writing can be adapted for various age and configuration of clients from an AdPT perspective
10. Compare appropriate AdPT techniques across various age levels
11. Develop a play therapy treatment plan based on AdPT
12. Develop an AdPT case conceptualization
The registration fee is $600 (all supplies included). The training will take place at The Workshop, 300 Allen St., Austin, TX, 78702.
Eighteen contact APT education hours will be awarded after successful completion. This event is sponsored by Marshall Lyles, APT Approved Provider 17-508.
Registration is non-refundable.
Indicates required field
Name (as wanted on the certificate of completion)
Licenses and Certifications
I understand the cancellation policy as stated above.
I allow photos/videos of me to be taken at the event and used for marketing/training.
Please share any additional questions or concerns here:
I agree to receiving marketing and promotional materials
Submit and Pay