Marshall Lyles, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, EMDRIA Approved Consultant
Healing Hurting Inner Worlds for All Ages: Providing EMDR through Sandtray-Based Play Therapy
Marshall Lyles, LMFT-S, LPC-S, RPT-S, EMDRIA Approved Consultant
EMDR provides a solid platform for conceptualizing and treating trauma in an efficient and client-sensitive manner. Supported by empirical data and becoming a mainstay in the clinical community, clients of all ages can find relief by integrating memory networks impacted by trauma through the use of EMDR’S eight phased-approach. However, some clients benefit from the utilization of a metaphor-led process that allows the right brain time to become more involved in the therapeutic work. Regardless of age, sandtray-based play therapy provides such an opportunity. This 2-day, 12-CE workshop will highlight the relevant neuroscience informing EMDR and play therapy before walking through each of EMDR’s eight phases with sandtray-based play therapy integration.
1. Identify the basic tenets of EMDR and how it is applied to sandtray-based play therapy
2. Discuss the intersection of historically significant play therapy clinical theories and EMDR’S AIP model
3. Discuss key concepts from relational neuroscience shared by both sandtray-based play therapy and EMDR clinical work
4. Apply sandtray-based play therapy techniques to EMDR history taking
5. Evaluate the timing of EMDR resourcing in play therapy treatment planning
6. Process methods for executing different EMDR preparation and resourcing skills using sandtray-based play therapy
7. Evaluate trauma reprocessing (EMDR phases 3-7) using sandtray-based play therapy
8. Describe different BLS/DAS techniques conducive to sandtray-based play therapy EMDR sessions
9. Evaluate the integration of EMDR and sandtray-based play therapy through an extensive case study
10. Exhibit session skills by practicing and receiving coaching during mock EMDR sessions using sandtray-based play therapy methods
11. Recognize the limitations for populations not suited for sandtray-based play therapy and EMDR
12. Develop a sample treatment plan for a mock client using sandtray-based play therapy/EMDR
April 3, 2021
9 am - 5 pm (Central Standard-USA)
April 10, 2021
9 am - 5 pm (Central Standard-USA)
12 APT-approved direct noncontact education hours
(sponsored by Marshall Lyles, APT Approved Provider 17-508) will be provided.
12 EMDRIA-approved education hours are available.
Marshall Lyles is an EC Provider (#18012) and this program (#
) is approved for 12 EMDRIA Credits. Eligibility for EMDRIA Credits is restricted to those who have completed an EMDRIA Approved Basic EMDR Training.
$400 (US) by early bird
$440 (US) after early bird
Payment for the first meeting is due at registration.
Due to the small group nature of this workshop, cancellations cannot be refunded
. The training will take place using Zoom and a link will be provided within 24 hours of the event.
Indicates required field
Name (as wanted on the certificate of completion)
Licenses and Certifications
Graduate School and Degree
Have you completed EMDR basic training?
Describe your previous training and supervision in sandtray therapy
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least comfortable), rate your comfort level in using sandtray therapy with children
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least comfortable), rate your comfort level in using sandtray therapy with adolescents
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least comfortable), rate your comfort level in using sandtray therapy with individual adults
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least comfortable), rate your comfort level in using sandtray therapy with couples
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least comfortable), rate your comfort level in using sandtray therapy with familes
I allow photos/videos of me to be taken at the event and used for marketing/training.
I understand the cancellation policy as stated above.
Please share any additional questions or concerns here:
I agree to receiving marketing and promotional materials
Click to Submit and Pay