Marshall Lyles, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, EMDRIA Approved Consultant
EMDR and Adlerian Play Therapy: Bringing Phased Approaches Together
Marshall Lyles, MA, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, EMDRIA Approved Consultant
Many play therapists leave EMDR basic training excited about possessing these important, new skills, but quickly feel overwhelmed at the idea of discovering how to integrate the model with their play therapy cases. This 12-CE workshop will highlight the relevant neuroscience informing EMDR and play therapy before walking through each of EMDR’s eight phases with a proposed integration with the phases and approaches of Adlerian Play Therapy. It is recommended that participants be fully trained in EMDR, but partial training may be acceptable if the participant is to complete basic training in a timely manner.
February 25-26, 2022
9 am – 4:30 pm daily (all times are Central)
The participant will be able to:
1. Identify the basic tenets of EMDR and how it is applied to play therapy
2. Discuss the intersection of Adlerian Play Therapy and EMDR’S AIP model
3. Discuss key concepts from relational neuroscience shared by both Adlerian Play Therapy and EMDR clinical work
4. Apply Adlerian Play Therapy techniques to EMDR history taking
5. Evaluate the timing of EMDR resourcing in play therapy treatment planning
6. Process methods for executing different EMDR preparation and resourcing skills using play therapy
7. Evaluate trauma reprocessing (EMDR phases 3-7) using play therapy
8. Describe different BLS/DAS techniques conducive to play therapy EMDR sessions
9. Evaluate the integration of EMDR and Adlerian Play Therapy through an extensive case study
10. Exhibit session skills by practicing and receiving coaching during mock EMDR sessions using play therapy methods
11. Recognize the limitations for populations not suited for play therapy and EMDR
12. Develop a sample treatment plan for a mock client using play therapy/EMDR
The registration fee is $340 (all supplies included). The training will take place at The Workshop, 300 Allen St., Austin, TX, 78702.
Twelve contact APT education hours will be awarded after successful completion. This event is sponsored by Marshall Lyles, APT Approved Provider 17-508. EMDRIA approved for 12 CEs (EC Program Approval #
Registration is non-refundable, but can be transferred to a later event if requested no later than four weeks prior to the training.
Indicates required field
Name (as wanted on the certificate of completion)
Licenses and Certifications
EMDR Basic Trainer
Date completed EMDR basic training
I allow photos/videos of me to be taken at the event and used for marketing/training.
I understand the cancellation policy as stated above.
Please share any additional questions or concerns here:
I agree to receiving marketing and promotional materials
Click to Submit and Pay