Marshall Lyles, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, EMDRIA Approved Consultant
SANDTRAY: AN ATTACHMENT-FRIENDLY TOOL FOR PLAY THERAPY ACROSS THE LIFESPAN
Friday and Saturday, June 21-22, 2019
Times (in Central time):
This two-day course will consist of a combination of lecture, group discussion, and experiential activities as participants learn about the application of attachment theory to play therapy through the use of sandtray.
1. Discuss history of attachment theory and play therapy
2. Overview methodology of attachment-based play therapy through use of sandtray protocols and techniques
3. Understand the perspectives offered by the relational neurosciences on expressive play therapy (in the sandtray)
4. Practice attachment-based play therapy interventions in the sandtray
6. Prepare participants for structuring play therapy parent consultations to set parents up for sandtray success
6. Apply sandtray-based protocols to play therapy treatment planning with kids, adults, and systems
7. Receive coaching on sandtray and play therapy skills
8. Enhance attachment-focused case conceptualization for family play/sandtray therapy clients
APT-approved education hours
(APT Approved Provider 17-508) will be provided. The class offers
education hours. This class is ideal for someone already possessing basic sandtray and attachment theory knowledge. Experiential learning will be prominent so be aware that you may encounter sensitive information when practicing the expressive techniques.
The registration fee is $375. If you are a currently enrolled graduate student in mental health, the registration fee is $300. Due to the need to keep this training small, the fee is slightly higher than for my other trainings.
The training will occur at
, 300 Allen St., Austin, TX, 78702.
Registration is non-refundable, but may half of the fee may be transferred to a future training.
Marshall Lyles, MA, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, EMDRIA Approved Consultant
This event is sponsored by Marshall Lyles, APT Approved Provider 17-508.
Indicates required field
Name (as wanted on the certificate of completion)
Licenses and Certifications
Graduate School and Degree
Describe your previous training and supervision in sandtray therapy
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least comfortable), rate your comfort level in using sandtray therapy with children
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least comfortable), rate your comfort level in using sandtray therapy with adolescents
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least comfortable), rate your comfort level in using sandtray therapy with individual adults
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least comfortable), rate your comfort level in using sandtray therapy with couples
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least comfortable), rate your comfort level in using sandtray therapy with familes
I allow photos/videos of me to be taken at the event and used for marketing/training.
I understand the cancellation policy as stated above.
Please share any additional questions or concerns here:
Click to Submit and Pay
Student ONLY - Click to Submit and Pay